longtime Oley member, Don has been on HPN for thirty-two years due to
Crohn’s disease. This has provided him many opportunities to act on his own
advice. Don shared these tips as part of a presentation he made at the Oley
- Be informed, educated.
- Take control of your therapy and plan ahead as much as possible.
- Make the lifestyle changes necessary to protect your health. Be a little selfish when necessary to meet your own needs. Know yourself, and don’t get caught up in other people’s adventures and their successes. You can do only what you can do.
- Be aware of the cost of supplements; comparison shopping can be worth the time.
- A hospital stay can be a very vulnerable time for a patient. Write things down and be as well prepared as possible.
- Work well with your homecare company; it can be a great resource.
- Have faith, from whatever source. Do what you need to do to find the strength to support yourself when push comes to shove. And give back whenever you can.