Note that the information provided here is designed to support, not replace, the relationship between the HPEN consumer and his or her physician. All issues, ideas, suggestions, etc. should be discussed with your health care provider prior to use. Medical information is reviewed by clinicians in a relevant field, but inclusion here does not imply endorsement by the Oley Foundation.
Many of these ideas were sent to us by Oley members. Where applicable, click on “member advice” to read the original suggestion.
Do you have another approach or product that works for you? Send your ideas to Lisa Metzger, or The Oley Foundation, 214 Hun Memorial, MC-28, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY 12208. We’d love to expand this useful resource.
- Starberry Kids (member advice): Cotton short-sleeved bodysuit adapted for easy access to G-tube. Comes in variety of sizes, colors, and prints. Starberrykids.com
- Care+Wear PICC Cover: (member advice): Machine-washable and reusable PICC line covers made from cotton/lycra fabric that has an EPA-approved antimicrobial treatment. Cover has a patent pending mesh window that allows visibility to the PICC site and airflow to the dressing. www.careandwear.com
- CareAline™: Sleeves for PICC lines and wraps for central lines and feeding tubes. Available in adult and child sizes. www.carealine.com or (617) 548-7419.
- Hickman Hiders: (member advice); A tube-top that slides over the arms and shoulders to fit snugly over a child’s torso, with a pocket to hold extra tubing. For central lines or feeding tubes. Contact Gayle through www.milligear.etsy.com.
- Patchwork Peddler: Bamboo feeding tube pads, belts, medicine port covers, and other accessories. www.PatchworkPeddler.com.
- Med Port Covers (patent pending): The fabric cover snaps around the medicine port of a feeding tube. Contact Kristi at www.TUBEaliciousTushies.com or (712) 621-4501.
- Special Clothing for Special Babies: One-piece clothing designed to keep little fingers from tugging on tubing while allowing easy access. www.specialclothingforspecialbabies.com or (559) 549-7366.
- PICC Cover Fashions™: A stretchable sleeve that slips up over the arm and into desired position; available in many fabrics and in two lengths (full-arm or bicep). www.castcoverfashions.com or (201) 953-3160.
- Design for Your Life Medical Privacy Sleeves: PICC line covers for adults or children, in a variety of fabrics (including a water-resistant fabric) and designs. www.designforyourlife.com or (888) 479-4687.
- Kevin’s Covers: Machine-washable, adjustable cover sleeves to prevent PICC lines from getting caught or tugged. www.kevinscovers.com or (919) 327-6697
- Surgilast®, from Derma Sciences: A tubular elastic stretch net designed to apply gentle pressure to keep bandages or medical devices (including IV tubes) securely in place without adhesive tape; available in a range of sizes. Available through several medical supply companies.
- Pediatric Central Line Protector™ (formerly “Summer’s Lifeguard”): A tape-free way to secure a central venous catheter in infants and toddlers and protect the surgical site. www.healthfullyhealing.com or (866) 219-3113.
- Pediatric G-tube Protective Belt by Benik Corp: (member advice); A neoprene belt to cover a low-profile g- or j-tube. The belt has a hole through which you can access the tube; a flap covers the hole when you want to protect the tube, and can be removed when you want to access it. www.benik.com/peds/wrap/g-tube or (800) 442-8910.
- My Tubie Jammies: One-piece pajamas for infants and toddlers with a “tube extension ring” that allows tubes/catheter to pass through the chest or leg of the PJs. Custom orders available. Look for My Tubie Jammies on Facebook.
- Kozie Clothes: Machine-washable adaptive clothing for babies and children, plus large onesies with patch for tube; design allows access to feeding tube/tubing without undressing child. www.kozieclothes.com or (484) 624-5751.
- Gus Gear: (member advice); Custom covers for ostomy bags, feeding tubes and central lines, feeding pump bags, and more. www.gusgear.net or (724) 513-4497.
- BundieBaby: Baby clothing that provides discrete and easy access to feeding ports and lines; available in a variety of styles and colors. www.todbods.com or (443) 878-9822.
- TodBods®: (member advice); Short-sleeve, long-sleeve, and sleeveless bodysuits in many sizes, including 2T, 3T, 4T, 5T, and 6T. www.essentialwhites.com or (866) 648-8488.
- Olivia’s Peek-a-Boo Pocket: (member advice); Sleeveless, cotton T-shirts with a slit to allow a central line to thread through into a pocket on the outside of the shirt; available in five children’s sizes. Contact Judy Daniel or Wendy Costa at 55 Laguna Grande Ct., Monterey, CA 93940; email@example.com, or (831) 375-4655 (Judy).
- Mini-Miracles: Customizable, cotton clothing made for special needs individuals, allowing easy access to feeding tubes and lines; now available in sizes from newborn to adult. www.minimiracles.ca or (250) 478-6331.
- Tummy Tunnels: Iron-on patches, providing access to catheter without damaging clothing. www.tummytunnels.com or (208) 863-7861.