How NOT to Say “Eat Another Bite!”
Marsha Dunn Klein
- Describe the properties of the food
- Describe your own interactions with the food
- Create a new way to try or interact with the food
- Give choices & Combinations
- Which do you want first, the (banana) or this (grape)?
- Do you want the Big (cheese) or the Little (cheese)?
- Do you want your smoothie in This cup or That cup?
- Which straw do you want to use for your drink?
- Can you pick up that (piece of waffle) with this toothpick?
- Can you make this (cracker) Crunch?
- How loudly (softly) can you crunch?
- Which side do you want to crunch that on?
- Which part of this horse shape (cut with cookie cutter) do you want to bite?
- Can you bite the horse’s tail?
- I can put my pasta in this sauce!
- I can lick these sprinkles off my (apple slice)
- Dad, do you want some (cheese)?
- Do you want to taste the (yogurt) off the spoon or the whistle?
- Or my finger or your finger
- Or the carrot or apple slice
- Please hand me another (carrot).
- Do you want to spread (cream cheese) or (jelly) on your next bite of cracker?
- Which color grape (green or purple) do you want to get with the toothpick?
- What letter (in the Alphabet soup) shall we find next?